Gastroenterology is the branch of medicine focused on a person’s digestive system and its disorders. This kind of medicine focuses on symptoms affecting the gastrointestinal tract, which includes the organs from the mouth into the anus, along the alimentary canal.
Hillcroft Physicians work with patients experiencing symptoms in their gastrointestinal system and help treat them. Suppose you are experiencing symptoms such as abnormal bowel movements, rectal bleeding, frequent heartburn, abdominal pain, bloating, trouble swallowing, or are of age to begin regular screening for colorectal cancer. In that case, you may be instructed to visit a gastroenterologist.
Hillcroft Physicians treat several different Gastrointestinal problems, including:
- Celiac disease
- Colon cancer and other gastrointestinal cancers
- Crohn’s disease
- Diverticulosis and diverticulitis
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and heartburn
- Constipation, diarrhea, and loss of bowel control
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), including ulcerative colitis
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Liver and pancreatic cancers
- Nausea and stomach pain
Health Tips & Info
What are the most common signs and symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders?
- Bloating & Excess Gas. Bloating could be a sign of several GI disorders, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), or food intolerance such as Celiac disease.
- Nausea & Vomiting
- Abdominal Pain