To become a United States citizen, applicants must have an immigration physical performed by a doctor licensed by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services. Dr. Farizani, as a certified civil surgeon, is able to do the immigration exam and physical for the Department of Homeland Security. Ready to have a green card? Continue reading to learn more about the immigration physical exam in Houston.
What to Bring to Your Immigration Physical Exam
- Government-issued photo identification, such as a valid passport or driver’s license
- 14 years of age or older: Bring identification that includes name, date, and place of birth, and parent’s full name
- Possible forms of identification include a birth certificate (with an English translation) or an affidavit
- Immunization or vaccination record including COVID-19 vaccination card (See the list down below for all required vaccinations)
- Medical Insurance Card
- See Our List of Medical Insurances We Accept
Important to Note
At Hillcroft Physicians, our clinic will have access to Form I-693 online. There is no need to worry about bringing the form for your immigration physical exam.
- COVID-19 (required starting 10/01/2021)
- Tetanus and diphtheria
- Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Meningococcal disease
- Pneumococcal disease
- Seasonal influenza
The Medical Examination includes
Our immigration medical exam is a comprehensive review of medical history and physical examination completed by civil surgeon Dr. Farizani. The test also includes a blood test for syphilis and Tuberculosis, a urine test for gonorrhea, drug testing, and a chest x-ray may be done. If any of the Tuberculosis tests seem inaccurate due to previous vaccinations, we have an onsite digital x-ray to reexamine you.
Continue reading to have more detailed information about the immigration medical exam.
- Basic medical immigration physical exam and mental status evaluation
- Blood Test
- Patients 15 or older are required to have a serologic blood test for Syphilis (RPR).
- Urine Test
- Patients 15 or older are required to have a Neisseria Gonorrhea test.
- Tuberculosis test
- Patients two years or older are required to have an IGRA test
- Results available within 24 hours
- Proof of vaccinations or blood Titer to prove immunity
- Vaccinations needed can be found above
- Blood Titer is a test that proves that a person has immunity or antibodies for a particular disease.
After the Medical Examination
After Dr. Farizani completes the review of the immigration medical exam package, Hillcroft Physicians will place everything in a sealed envelope (do not open the envelope). This will be presented to the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
After the results have been discussed with Dr. Farizani, Hillcroft Physicians will provide a copy of your blood test results for you to keep. The immigration medical exam will only be valid up to a year after the physical examination date.
Book your Immigration Medical Exam with Hillcroft Physicians
Here at Hillcroft Physicians, you will be safe and respected as we practice cultural sensitivity. It is an integral part of our work since we see people of different backgrounds and ethnicities. We also are well-equipped with staff that can speak a wide range of languages from Farsi to Spanish. Book your appointment with Dr. Farizani today to begin your immigration physical exam in Houston.